Sunday 23 January 2011

A Few Tears


Image from Diane's post

I have just read a lovely post on diane's blog about a book my Aunty Ann wrote about the place she was brought up.  It gave me goosebumps and then I did have a few tears.  Obviously I know my Aunty wrote the book I have my own signed copy but to hear someone elses review of it was really special.  My family, my history, my lovely Dad and his family - Oh i'm crying again - I will do a post on the book soon and show you my photo in there and I will point out the very handsome young man that is my Dad.  Gosh I miss him so much.  Good night all. 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read Diane's review and it sounds like a wonderful book - you must be very proud of your Aunt, Dad and family. I'm going to pick up a copy just as soon as I can.

The sewing room said...

What a nice legacy for you to have and to share.



Hugs Pat

Diane said...

Sorry I made you weep Deb. I really love the book. Ive skimmed through it quickly, and now I'm reading it slowly to absorb it more. As I rode through the area on the tram yesterday, I couldnt imagine that there is anyone left with a Carbrook address. Your Aunty made me want to step back in time to see it as it was. It was a lovely thing that she did. xxxx

Diane said...

Hey look how many followers you have!!! xxx

*❀* said...

just read about this book on Diane's blog. sounds fascinating, i am going to see if i can get a copy from amazon as i'd love to read it.

warmest wishes xxx

millie

Rosie said...

Diane did a wonderful review of your Aunt's book and I think a lot of us will be buying it. I'm looking forward to reading it. Loved your post on Newark, Southwell and Ollerton as I know them quite well, belated Happy Birthday wishes:)