Friday 28 January 2011

Busy Week

Had a really busy week this week.  Been to the studio of my friend Louise of Hope and Elvis to give her a hand getting ready for the White Work workshop on Sunday.  I have also been TO WORK.  I haven't worked for some time - I trained to be a Nursery Nurse and worked in a school for 4 years as a Teaching Assistant - but haven't worked for some time.  I am registered with a Supply Agency and on Thursday I went to work in a Children's Centre it was great fun - I remembered how much I love reading stories to little people and singing songs (badly) as well.  It was a lovely place to work and hope they ask me back.  Today I have been out with my two good friends.  We went to Ecclesall Road area in Sheffield.  This is just outside town and has independent shops, charity shops, places to eat etc.  We had such fun.  First we stopped for coffee and breakfast then shopped a bit.  Then lunch at The Greedy Greek - yummy.  Then a little more shopping - then tea and cake in Fancie on Sharrowvale Road.  The cup cakes there are enormous, your tea is served in mix and match china.  My friends hadn't been in there before and really enjoyed it.  I should tell you about the time I went in there with K and was so busy not taking any notice of what I was doing I poured my tea into the pretty china milk jug - I laughed so much I could hardly breathe and the young girls in there thought I was quite mad. 

My friend S bought a print from A Month of Sundays which is a shop owned and run by Sheffield Artist Pete McKee.  It depicts a dog peering over the edge of a table looking at a piece of pork pie and two pickled onions - sounds odd but it is really endearing.  Pete Mckee served us in the shop and it was good to meet the artist in person.  If you get the chance have a look at his art online you won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

Diane said...

All my favourite places in one post! I LOVE the Greedy Greek (Halloumi Kebabs!!!) and Fancie, well nuff said! I also adore Cafe Ceres and the fabric shop! Ive got an invite to a new Exhibition at Pete McKees - if you register on his website (on my side bar) you get invites and newsletters! His shop is great x

Sally said...

Sounds like you've had a brilliant week! What an interesting area for mooching around and nice eats. I went to an exercise class this week and at the end of the class realized I had my trousers on inside out. I was at the front. Oh well! Are you doing any of Louise's workshops this year?

bellaboo said...

Thanks for dropping by.I was interested to read your post as I trained as a Montessori teacher,and ended up running my own nursery.I don't teach now and I really miss being with the children.Your dog Dylan sounds a real character! Just going to have a look around your blog.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :0)

Anonymous said...

Done it at last. I am now an official follower. Loving your blog - keep it up. Can't wait for half term. Hoping you will take me to Francie's. Sounds like my kind of place. See you soon. Love you! Big Sis G. xXx

BSG said...

Still not quite got the hang of it - give me time - Big Sis G. xXx

love those cupcakes said...

Thanks for popping in to Cupcake Towers. Your girls day out sounds fab. Shopping and cake, a favourite combination.

BSG said...

NB I want you to take me to Fancie's not Francie's!

No new posts - what you been up to?