Saturday 26 February 2011

Bake, Chat, Sew

I arose early yesterday morning to make these:-




Yum



I packed my basket


As I was going here:-




Louise had invited me over for a making day and she had invited others too.  Amongst them was Sally from Red Robin  who I  had chatted  to via Bloggy Land but not in real life.  It was lovely to meet her and we had a super day chatting, sewing, making, sticking and eating CAKE.  Have I told you I love cake and eat it far too often resulting in my body being too big for lots of my clothes.  I also met Louise's mum and we had a wonderful time chatting away as if we had known each other ages.  We also had 'things' in common.  She was from the same area in Sheffield as my Dad, she had my Aunty Ann's book which her friend was in and she even knew K's mum and dad. Isn't it strange how you sometimes have common threads with people you haven't met before.  I didn't take anything with me but I did have it in mind to make some hexagons to make into a cushion and that is what I did.


Hexies in a row

I hexed all morning (to Louise's surprise) and in the afternoon I  decided to undertake some cutting and sticking to make cards using just a small portion of the vast array of vintage bills, letters, wallpaper, books and lots of other scrumptious stuff in the workshop.  This is how they started



Background finished

Lot of papers to choose from



The finished article



Little dollies - one on left just a tadge scary


 A toadstool and a vintage child's shoe from an old catalogue



A lovely relaxing day. Thanks Lou.


5 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great day. Love your cooking basket. Strange my friend here in the States (originally from Greenwich)had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned cooking baskets... not sure if it was a northern thing... anyhoo, I was on the look out for one here in the States (wished I'd kept mine). Have a great weekend and thank you for all the helpful sewing advice. Lx

Diane said...

A day in heaven!!! Thanks for the nod about the courses - I shall take a look. The girl in the Friday picture reminds me of the end of one of Phoenix Nights Episodes - with the ping pong balls! (Can you remember it?) It made me laugh as underneath it says to squeeze a fresh orange for your breakfast - and I wondered what with!!!!!!

Jo said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and I love the cards you made. I sympathise with the cake eating as I also eat far too many things which I should't. I must say, I wouldn't have been able to resist one of the yummy cakes you made though.

Ticking stripes said...

Spotted the courses - just need to get booked up now! Love your cards!

bellaboo said...

I bet those cakes tasted as yummy as they looked! Cakes are my downfall too,and biscuits..and chocolate!
Love your little bunny in your last post.If he is Sylvac than he is worth a lot.I saw a big brown one in the antique shop yesterday for £52!
Wonder if you are watching South Riding? as it is set in Yorkshire. :0)