Thursday 9 December 2010

Cosy Afternoon

Today is the first day in almost a fortnight that mum has left her house because of the snow.  She braved the short walk through the snow and ice to our home (mum really doesn't like it as she broke her leg on ice when I was about 7).  Anyhow we have had a lovely time.  We have sat and knitted, watched a DVD, Julia and Julie - or is it the otherway around.  Then we knitted some more and now we are waiting for the cottage pie to finish cooking.  Bliss.  Tomorrow we are going OUT.  Proper OUT - out of the village to the big land of Meadowhall (large shopping centre not too far away).  I normally avoid it like the plague especially at this time of year but I am really looking forward to it.  I have cleared the car and started it for the first time in 10 days - started first time.  What a beauty.  Going now tea smells yummy.

How could I forget - easy for me im rubbish at remembering stuff - happy birthday to my little sis who is 40 today.  She will never ever ever read this so it doesnt matter that I have just said in a very public place that she is actually now 40.  Thats a big number. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh but I have read it :-),
Great Blog, luv the golden princess xxX