Saturday 4 January 2014

Fab Day Out

When we got up today I decided I fancied a trip to Fab Works in Dewsbury.  I have heard about this fabric shop before but never visited.  I was not disappointed.  It is a treasure trove of every type of fabric you could imagine.  In fact there was so much there I was a little bit dazed and didn't quite know what to choose.  I had also failed on quite a few fronts.  I have forgotten to take my quilt that needs a border fabric, I forgot to take my new Japanese sewing book to find out how much fabric I needed for the items I would like to make and most of all I didn't take a camera or my phone so NO photos.  Sorry.  I did decide on three pieces of fabric a blue chambray, a blue cotton fabric with tiny flowers for a top (Paul Smith) and some red and cream fabric (Avoca).  I also bought lots of lovely velvet ribbon I don't need it but I couldn't resist.  I really could have bought lots more, but, I resisted it is not far from where we live and I WILL return.  I am hoping to start on a top tomorrow so I will blog about it and maybe review the pattern book too.  

1 comment:

lemonade kitty said...

Sounds like you're going to be a busy little bee can't wait to see your makes, xx