Saturday, 4 January 2014

Fab Day Out

When we got up today I decided I fancied a trip to Fab Works in Dewsbury.  I have heard about this fabric shop before but never visited.  I was not disappointed.  It is a treasure trove of every type of fabric you could imagine.  In fact there was so much there I was a little bit dazed and didn't quite know what to choose.  I had also failed on quite a few fronts.  I have forgotten to take my quilt that needs a border fabric, I forgot to take my new Japanese sewing book to find out how much fabric I needed for the items I would like to make and most of all I didn't take a camera or my phone so NO photos.  Sorry.  I did decide on three pieces of fabric a blue chambray, a blue cotton fabric with tiny flowers for a top (Paul Smith) and some red and cream fabric (Avoca).  I also bought lots of lovely velvet ribbon I don't need it but I couldn't resist.  I really could have bought lots more, but, I resisted it is not far from where we live and I WILL return.  I am hoping to start on a top tomorrow so I will blog about it and maybe review the pattern book too.  

2 comments:

lemonade kitty said...

Sounds like you're going to be a busy little bee can't wait to see your makes, xx

Annie said...

This Showroom Gangajal Brass Kalash contains 250 ml of authentic Ganga Jal sourced from the ‘Brahm Kund’ at Har Ki Pauri in Haridwar. The traditional brass Kalash is suitable for rituals, *havans*, *aartis*, temple use, housewarming ceremonies, and other auspicious religious occasions. If you are looking to buy authentic Ganga Jal online—specifically pure Ganga water for *puja* or Haridwar Gangajal—Apna Showroom 24k Gold Plated Shree Sampurna Vastu Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice Combs for Women and Girls (Multicolour) with desent look
Apna Showroom Women's net Fishnet Lingerie Stockings - Fishnet Stockings for women - (Black Free Size) Pack of 2
Novasox Ankle High Fishnet Mesh Women Socks, Women Fishnet Mesh Ankle Socks
this is an excellent choice. Rooted in Indian culture and devotion, this sacred product is perfect for enhancing the spiritual atmosphere of your home. A sacred Gangajal Kalash for your home and place of worship.